Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac)
After a new installation of Sophos Home on a computer running MacOS High Sierra 10.13, the below notification appears:
This is also followed by another Action Required pop-up reminder that displays at intervals if the setting has not been updated after installation.
This only affects the users that installed Sophos Home for the first time on MacOS 10.13 High Sierra.
The new release of MacOS High Sierra 10.13 has introduced a new security mechanism called Secure Kernel Extension Loading (SKEL). This feature requires user approval before loading new non-Apple kernel extensions (KEXT). If you have not approved the Sophos KEXT right after the installation, the System Extension Blocked notification appears. For new installations of Sophos Home to be fully functional, the additional steps below are required.
- Click on the Apple menu from the taskbar then select System Preferences…
- On the System Preferences window, select Security & Privacy.
- Under the "General" section, click on the padlock at the bottom left to be able to make changes.
- Ensure "App Store and identified developers" option is selected under "Allow apps downloaded from"
- Click the Allow button next to the prompt System software from developer “Sophos” was blocked from loading at the bottom of the Security & Privacy window.