Applies to: Sophos Home Premium (Windows) only
Visual indicators are colored borders that appear when the following protected applications are opened:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Content Process
- Plugin Container for Firefox
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Wordpad Application
This article explains the function of each visual indicators and how to disable them.
Note: We are aware that the borders are not working on Windows 7 computers. This is purely a cosmetic issue and does not affect functionality (features are still working, regardless of the border not appearing).
- Sign in to your Sophos Home dashboard.
- Select the computer that you need to apply this setting.
- Go to the Protection tab > Exploits.
- Under Preferences click Advanced Settings.
- Select off on the corresponding visual indicator that you need to disable.
Below are the functions of each visual indicators when enabled:
- Colored border around protected apps - A colored border around applications with advanced protection is shown.
- Auto-hide colored border - Any window border notifications is automatically hidden shortly after application is launched.
- Live keystroke encryp. in colored border - Keyboard encryption in protected applications is shown.
Note: Disabling the visual indicators does not mean that you are no longer protected against exploit attacks. Exploit protection is still running but there will just be no notifications.