Applies to: Sophos Home Premium (Windows) only
The Premium scan is a cloud-based scan which intelligently inspects the system for malicious and unwanted applications. It also has a more sophisticated cleanup. This type of scan is also referred to as quick scan or fast scan and is not available to non-Premium account holders.
This article describes the two ways to run a Premium scan on Windows computers:
- Through the Sophos Home dashboard
- Through the Sophos Home main window
Triggering a scan through the Sophos Home dashboard
- Sign in to Sophos Home dashboard.
- Click the computer that you need to scan.
- Click the Clean button to start the scan on the computer.
You will see an indication that the scan has started and is in progress.
Note: If the computer is offline, it will be scanned when it is back online.
Running a scan using the Sophos Home main window
- Double-click on the Sophos Home icon on the system tray.
- Click on Clean My Computer button.
Note: After the scan finishes, you receive a message "Delete failed" when trying to clean threats.
The Delete Failed error message is most likely caused by browser cookies that cannot be removed. This happens when the browser is open. Close all browsers and run the scan again.