You have received the following message on the Sophos Home UI:
This article guides users to fix this issue if their installation was before 2018.
This problem arises when:
- The Sophos installer used had issues.
- The operating system of the computer is outdated.
- The computer has performed system restore to an earlier point.
- Sophos Home has not been updated or upgraded to the latest version.
Step one: Check that the HitmanPro.Alert service is present and running.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R. This will open the Run window.
- Type services.msc on the field then press Enter. This will open the services window.
- Look for HitmanPro.Alert service. Check that the service is present and running.
If the HitmanPro.Alert service is missing, proceed to the next steps.
Step two: Perform uninstallation and reinstallation.
- To remove the defective Sophos Home on the computer, click the operating system of your computer below for the instructions:
- To reinstall Sophos Home on the computer, click the operating system of your computer below for the instructions:
- Sophos Home could not be installed
- Sophos Home installer can't be opened
- Installation failed on Sophos Home Mac