Applies to: Sophos Home Premium only (Windows)
On the Alerts section of your Sophos Home dashboard, you see an alert about your computer:
'CallerCheck' exploit prevented in 1Password for Windows desktop
You may have also received an alert on your computer that Sophos Home has intercepted an attack:
Sophos Home then blocks the 1Password application and you are unable to use the software.
This issue happens because Sophos Home is detecting the 1Password desktop application as a malicious code. This is currently being investigated and worked upon. Meanwhile, you can perform the workarounds discussed in this article to continue using 1Password for Windows desktop 7.
Set exclusion via the Sophos Home dashboard
- Sign in to your Sophos Home dashboard.
- Click the computer where you have received the alert.
- Go to the PROTECTION tab > Exploits tab.
- Navigate to Protected Applications > Show Applications > look for 1Password for Windows desktop and switch it to OFF.
Set local exclusion via the Sophos Home software
- Open the Sophos Home software.
- Click on Exceptions.
- Go to LOCAL EXCLUSIONS tab then click on the button.
- In the Add exclusion window, navigate to this location:
C:\Users\<user profile name>\AppData\Local\1password\app\7
- Select 1Password.exe then click Open.
You should then see the 1Password for Windows desktop 7.1 on the local exclusions list.