Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac)
When a folder containing zip archives containing a threat is scanned manually, the threat is detected and cleaned up but the finder scan does not stop and keeps running.
This issue is due to a change in how the user interface notification works on macOS 10.14 Mojave. It is a temporary issue and a fix will be included in the next updates and releases.
As a workaround, do the following:
- On the upper-right hand of the menu bar, click on Spotlight.
- Type Activity Monitor and open it.
- Type Sophos on the Search field on the upper-right then find Sophos Home from the filtered list. Double-click on it and click on Quit.
Sophos Home will then restart and return to normal.
- Manual malware cleanup on a Mac computer
- File Encryption Blocked alert appears on Mac
- Malicious Traffic Blocked alert appears on Mac