Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac only)
This article explains how to disable Network File scanning, in order to alleviate slowness issues related to Time Machine network backups.
- Sign in to your Sophos Home dashboard.
- Click on the desired Mac computer
- Go to PROTECTION --> General, and locate "Network File Scanning"
- Click on the slider to turn the feature OFF
- Restart your Mac and re-try performing a Time Machine network backup.
- Once the backup is completed, feel free to re-enable the feature by clicking on the slider again.