Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (MacOS )
A duplicate Sophos Home shield may appear after updating or installing Sophos Home on MacOS.
This double shield is a cosmetic issue, and has no security impact. To correct this problem, please follow the below listed steps:
What to do:
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left of your screen
- Open 'System Preferences'
- Click 'Users and Groups'
- Choose the user you're logging in with (your current Mac account)
- Click 'Login Items'
- Select Sophos Home item and click "-" to remove it from the list
- Once removed, restart your Mac. The two icons should no longer be present (only 1 will be displayed).