Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Windows) version 3.0.0
Some users running Windows 7 who have installed or updated to Sophos Home 3.0.0 may receive the following error:
Note: Please be aware that this error may be slightly different for each user:
This issue is caused by a missing Windows Update (KB2670838).
What to do:
To resolve, please run Windows Update, and do so until no further updates are available.
- Click the Start Menu
- In the Search Bar, search for Windows Update
- Select the Windows Update from the top of the search list
- Click on the Check for Updates button. Select any updates that are found to install
- NOTE: Be sure to check Optional Updates as the required update is optional
- Restart if prompted and perform these steps again until no further updates are found
We highly recommend you always keep your computer's operating system up-to-date and current to ensure you are receiving all available security updates from Microsoft.
Note: In some cases, the user will need to install the update manually by using the following Microsoft article: