This article covers how to purchase and use a License Key to activate Sophos Home Premium.
Note: Windows users: If you purchase Sophos Home via the in-product cart, the key will be automatically applied.
IMPORTANT: A license key can be activated one time only - A Sophos Home account is required to activate additional computers under the same license key - Please see the Activating additional computers section of this article for additional information.
- Activating Premium key via Sophos Home product
- Activating Premium key via Sophos Home Dashboard
- Activating additional computers
- Checking your current subscription
- The key is already used appears when I try to activate a computer
Activating Premium using a License Key via the Sophos Home product
1. Access Sophos Home on your computer (if not installed, please see these steps)
2. Enter the License Key to the product:
macOS Click on the Sophos Home Shield >...> Activate Premium
Windows Click on your System tray> > Sophos Home shield> Enter License
3. You will be automatically redirected to the dashboard to enter your License Key
4. If you don't have a Sophos Home account, you will be presented with an option to create one after entering your license key.
Creating an account allows you to protect additional computers with the same license key, re-install Sophos Home and contact support.
Activating Premium using a License Key via the Sophos Home Dashboard
- Log in to your Sophos Home Dashboard
- Click on your email at the top right > My Account
OR, if using an account-less dashboard, click on Enter license key (and skip step 3)
- Click Activate Premium next to I have a License key
- When prompted, enter your License Key and click Activate Premium
- If you don't have a Sophos Home account, you will be presented with an option to create one after entering your license key.
Creating an account allows you to protect additional computers, re-install Sophos Home and contact support.
Activating additional computers with your license key
License keys can only be used once. In order to protect the remainder of your Premium computers ( a total of 10), you will need to assign the key to a Sophos Home account, and then protect the additional systems via that Sophos Home account's dashboard. See below for steps:
- Create a Sophos Home account
- Follow this guide to add your additional devices under your Premium account: Protecting additional computers with Sophos Home
Checking your subscription status:
- Access your Sophos Home Dashboard
- Click on your email at the top right > My Account (if you do not have an account yet, click "Create account" on your Dashboard to assign an account to it)
- Review the Subscription section for current status and expiration information
- For other subscriptions/payments related questions, please visit: How to change billing and payment information for Sophos Home Premium subscriptions
Additional information on License keys
How can I obtain a license key?
1. Visit the Sophos Home website and click Buy
OR access the in-product cart (Windows users only).
2. Choose the desired plan and follow the steps to purchase a license
3. At the end of the process, you'll be provided with a license key to enter directly to your Sophos Home installation or to your Sophos Home dashboard. Customers choosing to use the In-product cart will have their key auto-applied.
What does a license key look like?
License keys have the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (they are comprised of 20 characters plus 3 dashes)
Can I save my license key for later?
No, license keys' timer starts at the moment of purchase. Be sure to activate your license as soon as you purchase it, to benefit from the Premium features for the entire duration of the license.
Auto renewal options are covered at the time of purchase - For payment questions, please see: How to change billing and payment information for Sophos Home Premium subscriptions .
Can I extend my current subscription by adding another license key?
Yes. Follow the steps to purchase a key, (if needed) follow the dashboard steps to activate the additional key, and your subscription will be extended accordingly.
Can I add a coupon to a license key activated account?
No, the coupon option goes away once Premium has been activated.
I purchased a Premium subscription before license keys came out, do I need to take any action?
No, no action is required. Existing subscriptions will continue to work without user intervention, and recurrent purchases will take place automatically. For payment questions, please see: How to change billing and payment information for Sophos Home Premium subscriptions .
How do I create a Sophos Home account?
Please visit Creating a Sophos Home account
The key is already used appears when I try to activate Premium
This happens when the key has been activated directly on the antivirus, but hasn't been applied to an account. License keys can be activated once.
In order to protect additional computers, you'll need to to create a Sophos Home account from which you can install Sophos Home to additional systems ( you can protect up to 10 devices with Premium).
Follow these steps to create your account/protect additional computers: Activating additional computers