Applies to: Sophos Home Mac 10.0.4a1 - Premium and Free
This article shows the fixes and features added to the Sophos Home Mac 10.0.4a1 released on May 4th, 2021.
Available for macOS 10.13 and above, this update will be automatically applied.
Fixes / Improvements
- Fixed Time Machine issues that prevented backing up files to network locations
- Improved system extensions approval system, to reduce red/orange/yellow shield appearing on Big Sur -macOS 11 installations.
- Removed forced scan right after installation
- Fixed several issues related to Microphone and Camera false detections (PrivGuard showing camera is active, for example)
- Addressed an LPE vulnerability via XPC service, to prevent potential local privileges exploit.
- Internal changes to CryptoGuard protection (Ransomware protection)
- Updated virus data engine to address an issue in which scans were getting aborted due to updates running at the same time.