Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Windows)
Running a full system scan inspects every folders and files in your computer. Full system scan can be performed in three different ways depending on the type of license that you have:
- Through a right-click scan on My Computer
- Through the Sophos Home dashboard
- Through the Sophos Home main window
Right-click scan on My Computer (on Premium version)
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click on This PC in the left panel then select Scan with Sophos Home.
Triggering a scan through the Sophos Home dashboard (on Free version)
Triggering a scan through the Sophos Home dashboard on Free version of Sophos Home performs a full system scan, unlike with the Sophos Home Premium which executes a fast scan.
- Sign in to Sophos Home dashboard.
- Click the computer that you need to scan.
- Click the Clean button to start the scan on the computer.
Note: The message "If the device is offline it will be scanned when it is back online." is a static message and will not change. It is just to let you know that "IF" your device is offline when you are pressing the scan button that once your device comes back online the scan will start. If your device is currently online the scan should now be working. You can verify this by clicking on the Sophos icon in the system tray.
You will see an indication that the scan has started and is in progress.
Note: If the computer is offline, it will be scanned when it is back online.
Running a scan using the Sophos Home main window (on Free version)
The Clean My Computer button performs a full system scan on Sophos Home free version, unlike with the Premium version which executes a quick scan.
- Double-click on the Sophos Home icon on the system tray.
- Click on Clean My Computer button.