Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Windows)
Running a full system scan inspects every folders and files in your computer. Full system scan can be performed in three different ways depending on the type of license that you have:
- Through a right-click scan on My Computer
- Through the Sophos Home dashboard
- Through the Sophos Home main window
Right-click scan on My Computer (on Premium version)
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click on This PC in the left panel then select Scan with Sophos Home.
Triggering a scan through the Sophos Home dashboard (on Free version)
Triggering a scan through the Sophos Home dashboard on Free version of Sophos Home performs a full system scan, unlike with the Sophos Home Premium which executes a fast scan.
- Sign in to Sophos Home dashboard.
- Click the computer that you need to scan.
- Click the Clean button to start the scan on the computer.
You will see an indication that the scan has started and is in progress.
Note: If the computer is offline, it will be scanned when it is back online.
Running a scan using the Sophos Home main window (on Free version)
The Clean My Computer button performs a full system scan on Sophos Home free version, unlike with the Premium version which executes a quick scan.
- Double-click on the Sophos Home icon on the system tray.
- Click on Clean My Computer button.