Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac)
Running a full system scan inspects every folders and files in your computer.
This article describes the two ways to run a full system scan on a Mac:
- Through the Sophos Home dashboard
- Through the Sophos Home main window
Triggering a scan through the Sophos Home dashboard
- Sign in to Sophos Home dashboard.
- Click the computer that you need to scan.
- Click the Scan button to start the scan on the computer.
Note: The message "If the device is offline, it will be scanned when it is back online." is a static message and will not change. It is just to let you know that "IF" your device is offline when you are pressing the scan button that once your device comes back online the scan will start. If your device is currently online the scan should now be working. You can verify this by looking at the Sophos icon in your menu bar and seeing if it is spinning.
You will see an indication on your Mac that the scan has started and is in progress.
Note: If your device is offline, the scan will start once it comes back online.
Running a scan using the Sophos Home main window
- Click the Sophos Home icon on the Menu bar to open the Sophos Home main window.
- Click on the three dots on the upper-right side of the window and select Scan.
- Tick Run Full Scan and click Start Scan.