Direct Access is a quick way to access your Sophos Home dashboard on a particular device without entering your login credentials, by using My Activity (Windows) / Manage Devices (Mac) button on the Sophos Home program.
By default, the My Activity (Windows) / Manage Devices (Mac) button on the Sophos Home application directs you to the Sophos Home page. This requires to enter the account credentials to login. When the Direct Access is set to allow on the device, this process is skipped.
Note: Direct access is only available when you have at least two or more computers listed on your Sophos Home Dashboard. If you have only one computer on your Sophos Home account you will see no device registered.
This article provides the steps to enable the direct access on a device.
To assign direct access permission on a device:
- Sign in to your Sophos Home dashboard by clicking My Activity or Manage Devices on your Sophos Home application.
(To open your Sophos Home application:
Mac:click on the Sophos Home Shield --> ...---> Manage devices.
Windows: Double Click the Sophos Home shield in the system tray, click My Activity).
- Click on your login name, then choose Settings.
- Click on Unlock account settings, then enter your Sophos Home account password.
- Under Security, click Settings.
- Select ON under the device where you want to enable direct access.