Sophos Home allows you to control access to certain types of websites on every computer, based on the site's category. This article describes how to allow, warn, or block browsing websites based on their category.
- The Block message will not appear when browsing https (secure) websites, however, users will see the site as unavailable.
- Warn messages will not work on HTTPS secure sites, only HTTP.
- This feature is not compatible with IPv6 at this time.
- Sign in to Sophos Home Dashboard
- Click the name of the device you would like to configure.
- Go to WEB FILTERING tab.
- Select the website category that you would like to control/block access to
Select either of the following options:
- Allow - allow the websites in the category to be fully accessed.
- Warn - user is warned when accessing websites in the category but gives option to bypass the block action. Bypassing the block action logs the event.
- Block - does not allow the websites in the category to be fully accessed.
Note: If you believe a website has been incorrectly categorized, please submit a sample to Sophos Labs for review: Submit a web address sample