Applies to: Sophos Home Premium only
This article lists the known issues spotted in the Sophos Home Premium software.
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro and Samsung Galaxy TabPro S gets BSOD when installing Sophos Home Premium
- Maxthon browser displays garbled text on launch. This is related to an incompatibility issue, and the workaround can be found in the "Disabling a specific Protected application to allow the software to run" section of this article.
- Sandboxed browsers such as Chrome may get blocked by PrivGuard when launching or opening new links/windows . Workaround: users may create -at their own discretion- a local exclusion for "SbieSvc.exe" Sophos Home - Local exclusions
- Windows 10 1903 - Keylogger protection can sometimes incorrectly encrypt keystrokes in applications
- Scripts compiled to .exe's using AutoIt are flagged by Sophos Home's Machine learning feature. The workaround is to allow and restore the applications as per: https://support.home.sophos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022024211-Excluding-a-file-or-application-from-Machine-Learning-detection . You can also ensure exclude an entire folder for where these applications are saved as per: https://support.home.sophos.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005499966-Setting-scan-exceptions
- SophosPrivacyGuard.bundle stops responding; usually when attempting to restart or shutdown the mac. Workaround: disable mic and webcam protection
- Two Sophos Home Icons may appear (No impact on Security and Performance Contact Support for a workaround)
- Turning off RTP and then turning it back on may result in the inability to browse the internet. Current workaround : restart the Mac.