Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Windows)
You receive the following message when trying to install Sophos Home:
Could not extract the installation files. Please contact technical support. Error code: 30"
This error can occur due to several reasons:
- An incomplete or corrupted download
- A 3rd party archiving tool is installed
- A 3rd party antivirus software is installed
- A 3rd party file explorer (other than Windows Explorer) is installed
What to do - 4 options
Option 1 - Re-download another installer file
The most common cause of Error Code 30 is an incomplete or corrupt installation file.
You can try re-downloading the installation file again (SophosInstaller.zip) again in a different internet browser.
Option 2 - Remove or change the default archive utility (unzip tool)
Error code 30 occurs during the extraction process of the installation. The first step is that the contents of SophosInstaller.zip are being extracted (unzipped). Often, a 3rd party archive tool gets in the way and prevents the extraction.
You can try:
1. Uninstalling any 3rd party archive utilities
2. Changing the default program that handles .zip files. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4028161/windows-10-change-default-programs
3. In some cases updating the 3rd party archive utility has been known to resolve.
Option 3 - Remove any 3rd party antivirus programs
As per our General FAQ, we do not recommend having additional antivirus software installed along with Sophos Home as this can and will cause conflict. any 3rd party antivirus software should be uninstalled before installing Sophos Home.
Option 4 - Remove any 3rd party file explorer programs
Disabling any 3rd party file explorers (file explorers other than Windows File Explorer) during the installation process may resolve this issue.