Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Windows)
Note: Before installing Sophos Home, make sure that your computer meets the system requirements for installing Sophos Home.
First time installation steps (new users without a Sophos Home account)
Step-by-step instructions for new users
- Access the Sophos Home page to start the download
- Wait until the installer file SophosInstall.exe is downloaded.
- Double-click on the downloaded SophosInstall.exe file to run the installer (you will find it in your Downloads folder)
- On the User Account Control prompt, click Yes.
- Wait for the extractor to finish.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- You will see the Installation is complete message once the installation is successful. Click Finish and the window will close.
Existing users (Protecting additional devices or re-installing)
1) Sign in to your Sophos Home dashboard (If you do not have an account, follow these steps)
2) Click on the Download button
2a) If you already have computers on the dashboard, use the "Add Device" button instead and choose the appropriate option. (Click on an image to see it in full size)
3) Wait until the installer file is downloaded, then double click to run it
4) Follow the on-screen steps (refer to this video for more details).
Post installation steps
- Follow these steps to activate a Premium License key
- Take a look at the Sophos Home Getting Started Guide for further information regarding how to use and configure Sophos Home!
- Be sure to create a Sophos Home account to be able to protect additional computers, access support, and re-protect the current system.