This article covers how to protect additional computers (mac/Windows) with Sophos Home accounts/subscriptions.
Note: These steps should also be used to protect new systems running macOS versions older than v10.13.
Click on the appropriate button or use the index below for options
Note: Users running versions of MacOS older than 10.13 should follow the add a Mac computer steps, even if installing for the first time.
Requirements to install Sophos Home on additional computers:
To install Sophos Home on additional computers, and manage them via the same Sophos Home Dashboard, you'll need to create a Sophos Home account.
- A Sophos Home account is needed to protect additional systems under the same license. If you do not have a Sophos Home account yet, follow these steps: creating a Sophos Home account.
- Premium users (who purchased a license key), please ensure your License Key is linked to your account: Sophos Home – Activating Premium License keys
- Ensure the computer you are adding meets the system requirements for installing Sophos Home.
- If you are re-protecting a system, review this article
Video steps -Protecting additional computers with Sophos Home
macOS (this video also applies to new users running older versions of macOS)
Step-by-Step installation process
Note: These steps should also be followed by new users running older versions of macOS (older than 10.13), as they will need to download the installer via the Sophos Home Dashboard.
- Log in to your Sophos Home dashboard (If you do not have a Sophos Home account yet, see creating a Sophos Home account)
- Click any of the Add Device buttons (or , if you are on the computer view, click Add New device)
NOTE:- If no other computers are present on the dashboard, you will see a Download button instead of Add Device, and the shareable link will be displayed at the bottom:
- If you are accessing the dashboard on the computer you want to protect, click Install (or, if no other computers are listed, click Download)
Otherwise, if you want to send the link to another computer:
Copy the link at the bottom of the Add Device window. Send this link via email or instant message to the desired computer.
Note: macOS 10.11 users, please use the Click the button below to install on this computer method (you will need to access the dashboard directly from the computer you want to protect) .
- Once sent, paste the link into a web browser on the computer you wish to protect: (you can use paste and click Enter, or use "Paste and Go..." )
- Click the Download button to start downloading the installer.
- Double-click on the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install Sophos Home
Additional information about Sophos Home accounts
Sophos Home Premium users can protect up to 10 computers (Windows and/or Mac) within their account, Free users can protect up to 3. Click here to create an account!
For more information please refer to our FAQ How many computers can I add to my Sophos Home account?
To manage/restrict access to the Sophos Home Dashboard, please see: Direct Access or Single Sign On