This article covers how to protect additional computers (Mac/Windows) with Sophos Home accounts/subscriptions, using your Sophos Home dashboard
Note: These steps should also be used to protect new systems running macOS versions older than v10.13.
IMPORTANT! A Sophos Home account is required to protect additional computers.
Step-by-Step installation process
Note: These steps should also be followed by new users running older versions of macOS (older than 10.13), as they will need to download the installer via the Sophos Home Dashboard.
- Access your Sophos Home dashboard
- Click any of the Add Device buttons (or , if you are on the computer view, click Add New device)
NOTE for users on MacOS versions older than 10.13: If Installing for the first time, you'll see a Download button, instead of Add device.
- Choose the appropriate option:
- If using the link option, paste the link into a web browser on the computer you wish to protect: (you can use paste and click Enter, or use "Paste and Go..." )
- Click the Download button to start downloading the installer.
- Double-click on the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install Sophos Home
- Repeat these steps to protect additional computers, always downloading a new installer for each.
Requirements to install Sophos Home on additional computers:
To install Sophos Home on additional computers, and manage them via the same Sophos Home Dashboard, you'll need to create a Sophos Home account.
- A Sophos Home account is needed to protect additional systems under the same license. If you do not have a Sophos Home account yet, follow these steps: creating a Sophos Home account.
- Premium users (who purchased a license key), please ensure your License Key is linked to your account: Sophos Home – Activating Premium License keys
- Ensure the computer you are adding meets the system requirements for installing Sophos Home.
- If you are re-protecting a system, review this article
Additional information about Sophos Home accounts
Sophos Home Premium users can protect up to 10 computers (Windows and/or Mac) within their account, Free users can protect up to 3. Click here to create an account!
For more information please refer to our FAQ How many computers can I add to my Sophos Home account?
To manage/restrict access to the Sophos Home Dashboard, please see: Direct Access or Single Sign On