Sophos Home Premium users can protect up to 10 computers (Windows and/or Mac) with their account, free users can protect up to 3. To install Sophos Home on additional computers, users will have to either log in to their dashboard from the computer they want to protect, or copy a link to send to the appropriate computer to download and install Sophos Home.
Before installing Sophos Home, make sure that you:
- Have a Sophos account to access Sophos Home dashboard. If you do not have a Sophos Home account yet, follow the steps on creating a Sophos Home account.
- Check that your computer meets the system requirements for installing Sophos Home.
Steps to protect additional computers
Note: video instructions available at the bottom of this article.
- Log in to your Sophos Home dashboard
- Click any of the Add Device buttons (or , if you are on the computer view, click Add New device)
- If you are accessing the dashboard on the computer you want to protect, click Install
Otherwise, if you want to send the link to another computer:
Copy the link at the bottom of the Add Device window. Send this link via email or instant message to the desired computer.
Note: macOS 10.11 users, we are investigating an issue where using a link gives the error that "Your operating system is unsupported". Please use the "Using the Install button directly on the computer you want to protect" section below as a workaround
- If you are on the computer you wish to protect, click Install and wait for the download to complete, then run it.
Otherwise, send the link to the computer you want to protect and paste it into a browser:
- Click the Download button to start downloading the installer.
- Double-click on the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install Sophos Home
MacOS (start video at 0:47)
Windows (start video at 0:45)
To protect mobile devices see: Sophos Intercept X for Mobile - Guide for Sophos Home customers