Applies to: Sophos Home for macOS
You encounter the below error message in installing Sophos Home on your Mac computer:
The installation failed. The software was not installed successfully. Remove the software and re-install.
Note: If you are seeing this error on mac OS 12.4 Monterey or above please see this article first before trying the below steps.
This issue happens when Sophos Home detects another installation instance of Sophos Home or other Sophos anti-virus products and fails to cleanup its remnants.
There are two ways to solve the issue:
- Run the Installer directly from the package contents:
- Double-click on SophosInstall.
- Right-click on Sophos Installer then select Show Package Contents.
- Go to Contents > MacOS > Installer.
- Double-click on Installer to run it.
If you still receive the same installation error message, follow the succeeding solutions below.
- Follow this article to remove any Sophos Home leftovers: Uninstalling Sophos Home on Mac computers
- If the issue persists, review this article Unable to install/uninstall Sophos Home on Mac computers - Advanced users.
- Download Sophos home installer
- Install Sophos Home on Mac computers
- System requirements for installing Sophos Home