Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac)
You encounter the below error message in installing Sophos Home on your Mac computer:
The installation failed. The software was not installed successfully. Remove the software and re-install.
This issue happens when Sophos Home detects another installation instance of Sophos Home or other Sophos anti-virus products and fails to cleanup its remnants.
There are two ways to solve the issue:
- Run the Installer directly from the package contents:
- Double-click on SophosInstall.
- Right-click on Sophos Installer then select Show Package Contents.
- Go to Contents > MacOS > Installer.
- Double-click on Installer to run it.
If you still receive the same installation error message, follow the succeeding solutions below.
- Follow this article to remove any Sophos Home leftovers: Uninstalling Sophos Home on Mac computers
- If the issue persists, run the script in article Unable to install/uninstall Sophos Home on Mac computers - Advanced users.
- Download Sophos home installer
- Install Sophos Home on Mac computers
- System requirements for installing Sophos Home