Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac)
Note: Before installing Sophos Home, make sure that your computer meets the system requirements for installing Sophos Home.
Click on the appropriate button
First time installation -new users- macOS 10.13 or higher
NOTE: If running a macOS version older than 10.13, and you have a Premium subscription, you can continue protecting your Mac via your Sophos Home Dashboard.
Step-by-step instructions for new users running MacOS 10.13 or higher
NOTE: If running a macOS version older than 10.13, and you have a Premium Subscription, you can continue protecting your Mac via your Sophos home Dashboard.
- Access the Sophos Home page
- Click the "download" button to start the download (if you don't see this option instead follow these steps)
- Wait for the Sophos Home Installer to finish downloading
- Navigate your Downloads folder and click on the Sophos Installer
(OR: double-click on SophosInstall. This shows the installer content, where you will find the Sophos Installer)
- Double-click on the Sophos Installer.app to start the installation.
- When a security prompt appears, click on Open.
- On the installation window, click Continue.
- Provide your administrator account password for your Mac and click OK. (Not your Sophos Home password)
- Wait for the installation to finish. This may take a few minutes.
[If this is the first time installing Sophos Home on this Mac, be sure to allow Sophos extensions if prompted. please see this article for assistance]
- You will see the Installation was successful message once the installation is completed. Click Close to exit.
Post installation steps
- Follow these steps to activate a Premium License key
- Take a look at the Sophos Home Getting Started Guide for further information regarding how to use and configure Sophos Home!
- Be sure to create a Sophos Home account to be able to protect additional computers, access support, and re-protect the current system.
- If all the steps have been followed, but the Sophos Home Shield looks red/orange, please reboot your Mac. See Related information below for additional troubleshooting.
- System Extension Blocked appears on new installations on MacOS High Sierra 10.13
- Nothing happens when clicking the Allow button on macOS High Sierra 10.13
- System requirements for installing Sophos Home
- Checking the operating system information
- Additional steps for Sophos Home installations on MacOS 10.15 Catalina
- Sophos Home shows that this device is vulnerable