Applies to: Sophos Home for macOS
You can uninstall Sophos Home on your Mac computers using the Remove Sophos Home app.
Do not drag Sophos Home to the Trash as this will not uninstall the program.
Open Spotlight (command+space ) , type remove sophos home and press Enter.
Click on Continue on the uninstallation window then follow the on-screen prompts.
Enter your Mac's password then click on Install Helper.
Wait for the uninstallation to finish then click Close.
- Restart your Mac to complete the removal process.
Removal tool is missing
NOTE: You can download the standalone removal tool to uninstall Sophos Home. Once the removal tool is downloaded and unzipped, please right-click and click 'Open' to run it. Otherwise, you may encounter "Remove Sophos Endpoint" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software error as shown in the screenshot below". If this message still shows when doing so, you may need to try right-clicking and selecting open a second time
To run it after the download:
- Double-click to unzip the downloaded file.
- Right-click on the "Remove Sophos Endpoint" file -- Open
To download the Remove Sophos Home tool, please click HERE.
The removal failed. The software was not successfully removed - macOS Monterey
Please follow Sophos Home removal failed on MacOS Monterey
How to remove Sophos system extensions
- Disable system integrity protection (this will let us make adjustments to Sophos extension in later steps) Note for the video below: If you are using a Mac with Apple silicon, you will need to continue to hold the power button down while starting the computer until the options window appears to access recovery mode.
Text instructions for disabling System Integrity Protection can be found here
- Restart your mac and Uninstall Sophos Home
- Restart once more to ensure all components are properly unloaded
- After the reboot open up the terminal (it’s in the utilities folder of your applications) and type in each of the following commands (without quotes), pressing enter after each one:
"sudo systemextensionsctl uninstall 2H5GFH3774 com.sophos.endpoint.scanextension"
"sudo systemextensionsctl uninstall 2H5GFH3774 com.sophos.endpoint.networkextension"
Restart your mac
Troubleshooting removal issues
- How to reinstall Sophos Home
- The installation cannot proceed OR The removal failed message appears when installing/uninstalling Sophos Home on macOS
- Unable to install/uninstall Sophos Home on Mac computers - Advanced users
- Removing a device
- Signing in to Sophos Home account
- Installing Sophos Home on Mac computers
- Installation failed on Sophos Home Mac