Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac)
You can uninstall Sophos Home on your Mac computers using the Remove Sophos Home app. Remember not to just drag Sophos Home to the Trash as this will not really uninstall the program.
To uninstall Sophos Home on your Mac computers:
Note: If the "Remove Sophos Home tool" is missing, please download it via this article.
Note 2: All steps, need to be completed in order to be able to re-install Sophos Home after removal.
- Press command + space to open the Spotlight, type remove sophos home then press Enter.
- Click on Continue on the uninstallation window then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Enter the Mac computer’s password then click on Install Helper.
- Wait for the uninstallation to finish then click Close.
- If using Sophos Home, ensure the computer has been removed from the dashboard to free up the consumed device-count / be able to download and re-install Sophos Home on the computer.
Note: Sophos Home uninstaller will automatically remove the computer from the dashboard if the uninstallation takes place while connected to the internet.
Note: To download Sophos Home for re-installation after removal from computer and dashboard (this must be completed in order to be able to re-download Sophos Home on the affected device), please restart your Mac and then follow this article Downloading Sophos Home Installer