Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac)
You can uninstall Sophos Home on your Mac computers using the Remove Sophos Home app.
Do not drag Sophos Home to the Trash as this will not uninstall the program.
Note for Premium users: A Sophos Home account is needed for re-installation - If you haven't created one already, please see Creating a Sophos Home account
- Press command + space to open Spotlight, | OR Click on the magnifying glass at the top right of your screen, and type remove sophos home and press Enter.
Note: If the "Remove Sophos Home" tool is missing, please download it via this article , then right-click on the downloaded file --> Open in order to run it (Otherwise, you may encounter ""Remove Sophos Endpoint" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." message).
- Click on Continue on the uninstallation window then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Enter your Mac's password then click on Install Helper.
- Wait for the uninstallation to finish then click Close.
Note: If you receive a message stating "The removal failed. Insecure ownership or permissions were detected on a key directory. Installation cancelled.", please see this article: Sophos Home MacOS Installer: Folder Insecurity Errors during install or uninstall
- Sophos Home uninstaller will automatically remove the computer from the dashboard if the removal takes place while connected to the internet. To manually remove the device from the dashboard, follow these steps: Removing a device from the Sophos Home Dashboard
- To reinstall Sophos Home after removal, follow this article How to reinstall Sophos Home (please ensure you restart your Mac before proceeding with a reinstall)