Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free
This article describes how to re-install Sophos Home/re-protect a computer after having re-installed your operating system, or if you wish to remove the current installation and reinstall it for troubleshooting purposes.
Note: A Sophos Home account is required in order to re-install Sophos Home using your existing subscription
Note 2: If you are looking to add additional computers to your account, please use this article instead.
- Remove Sophos Home and restart your device as applicable:
Note: If you have re-installed your Operating system, jump to step 2 instead
- If applicable, remove the computer from your Sophos Home Dashboard
- Download a new installer from your Sophos Home dashboard
If you originally only had 1 computer associated with your Sophos Home Dashboard follow this process:
- Sign in to your Sophos Home dashboard
- Click on the Download button.
- Wait until the installer file is downloaded, then double click to run it
If you have one or more existing other devices follow this process:
- Click on the Add device button.
- Choose the appropriate option
- Additional steps for Sophos Home installations on MacOS 10.15 Catalina
- Sophos Home shows that this device is vulnerable