Applies to Sophos Home Premium and Free for Windows and MacOS
This article covers how to troubleshoot situations in which Sophos Home is installed on a Windows or MacOS device but does not appear on the Sophos Home Dashboard.
The usual causes for a computer not showing in the Sophos Home dashboard are:
1. The Sophos Home software being installed with an old installer.
2. You are accessing the Sophos Home dashboard for a different account than the one that the software was installed under.
3. The computer information was removed manually from the Sophos Home Dashboard.
The below listed solutions cover how to solve the problem, based on specific scenarios.
Scenario 1 - Sophos Home Free/Trial has been recently upgraded to Premium
If you have recently purchased Sophos Home Premium and your previously installed Sophos Home version still reads free, please review the following:
- The dashboard used to download and install Sophos Home must read Premium (otherwise, you may be using a different email address). If you purchased the product using a different email account than the one you were already using, follow these steps to remove Sophos Home and re-install it using the Premium dashboard: How to re-install Sophos Home
- If you wish to swap your Sophos Home premium license to a different email address, please contact Sophos Home Support for assistance.
Scenario 2 - Sophos Home has been recently installed but doesn't show up on the Dashboard
When installing Sophos Home, ensure the following:
- You are using the correct Sophos Home dashboard (the installed application depends on the dashboard from which the installer was downloaded)
- A new installer has been downloaded. Re-using previous installers may cause problems such as error messages if the installer is too old, or devices not showing up in the dashboard if the old installer/incorrect installer was used. Always ensure to download a new installer from the dashboard when protecting/re-protecting a device: Downloading the Sophos Home installer
Scenario 3 - Sophos Home has been re-installed but there were prior installation/uninstallation errors AND/OR the above scenarios did not fix the issue
If you received a specific error when installing/uninstalling Sophos Home, you will need to address it to ensure proper functionality. The above listed article covers the main uninstallation/installation steps. For specific scenarios, please refer to our knowledge base section: Fix Installation/uninstallation issues
- Creating a Sophos Home account
- Installing Sophos Home on Windows computers
- Installing Sophos Home on Mac computers
- How to re-install Sophos Home
- Downloading the Sophos Home installer