Applies to Sophos Home for Windows and MacOS
This article covers how to troubleshoot situations in which Sophos Home is installed on a Windows or MacOS device but does not appear on the Sophos Home Dashboard.
The usual causes for a computer not showing in the Sophos Home dashboard are:
1. The Sophos Home software has been installed using an old installer.
2. You are accessing the Sophos Home dashboard for a different account than the one that the software was installed under.
3. The computer information was removed manually from the Sophos Home Dashboard.
4. You have used an account-less download instead of downloading Sophos Home from your existing dashboard.
The below listed solutions cover how to solve the problem, based on specific scenarios.
Note: If the computer has been manually removed from the Sophos Home dashboard, follow these steps to remove and re-install Sophos Home on the computer: How to re-install Sophos Home
Scenario 1 - Sophos Home Free/Trial has been recently upgraded to Premium
If you have recently purchased Sophos Home Premium and your previously installed Sophos Home version still reads free, please review the following:
- The dashboard used to download and install Sophos Home must read Premium (otherwise, you may be using a different email address). If you purchased the product using a different email account than the one you were already using, follow these steps to remove Sophos Home and re-install it using the Premium dashboard: How to re-install Sophos Home
- If you wish to swap your Sophos Home premium license to a different email address, please contact Sophos Home Support for assistance.
Scenario 2 and 4- Sophos Home has been recently installed but doesn't show up on the Dashboard
When installing Sophos Home, ensure the following:
- You are using the correct Sophos Home dashboard (the installed application depends on the dashboard from which the installer was downloaded)
- If you have an existing account, ensure you are not using the account-less download
- A new installer has been downloaded. Re-using previous installers may cause problems such as error messages if the installer is too old, or devices not showing up in the dashboard if the old installer/incorrect installer was used. Always ensure to download a new installer from the dashboard when protecting/re-protecting a device: Downloading the Sophos Home installer
Scenario 3 - Sophos Home has been re-installed but there were prior installation/uninstallation errors AND/OR the above scenarios did not fix the issue
If you received a specific error when installing/uninstalling Sophos Home, you will need to address it to ensure proper functionality. The above listed article covers the main uninstallation/installation steps. For specific scenarios, please refer to our knowledge base section: Fix Installation/uninstallation issues
- Creating a Sophos Home account
- Installing Sophos Home on Windows computers
- Installing Sophos Home on Mac computers
- How to re-install Sophos Home
- Downloading the Sophos Home installer