This article explains how to enable the computer to generate a complete memory dump when it crashes.
- Open the computer properties through the steps below:
Click on Start menu button > right-click on Computer > select Properties.
- Windows 10
Right-click on the Windows button then select System.
- Click on Advanced system settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
- From the Write debugging information drop-down list, select Complete memory dump.
- Make sure that the following are checked:
- Click OK and restart the computer.
When the computer crashes, the dump file in .dmp format is generated in C:\Windows folder.