Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac)
Before installing Sophos Home, make sure that you:
- Have a Sophos account to access Sophos Home dashboard. If you do not have a Sophos Home account yet, follow the steps on creating a Sophos Home account.
- Check that your computer meets the system requirements for installing Sophos Home.
- You have a steady internet connection. The installation requires to be connected to the internet throughout the entire process.
- On your Mac computer, sign in to your Sophos Home dashboard.
- Click the Download button and wait for the download to complete.
- Navigate your your Downloads folder and Double-click on SophosInstall. This shows the installer content.
- Double-click on the Sophos Installer.app to start the installation.
- When a security prompt appears, click on Open.
- On the installation window, click Continue.
- Provide your administrator account password for your Mac and click OK. (Not your Sophos Home password)
- Wait for the installation to finish. This may take a few minutes.
- You will see the Installation was successful message once the installation is completed. Click Close to exit.
Post installation steps
Once the installation has completed, have a look at the Getting Started Guide for further information regarding how to use and configure Sophos Home.
Note 1: For new installations of Sophos Home on MacOS High Sierra 10.13 and higher, Sophos Kernel Extension has to be allowed via your Mac's Security & Privacy settings. This additional step is required for Sophos Home to be fully functional.
Note 2: MacOS 10.15 Catalina users, please follow these additional steps:
Additional steps for Sophos Home installations on MacOS 10.15 Catalina
Note 3: If all the steps have been followed, but the Sophos Home Shield looks red/orange, please reboot your Mac. See Related information below for additional troubleshooting.
- System Extension Blocked appears on new installations on MacOS High Sierra 10.13
- Nothing happens when clicking the Allow button on macOS High Sierra 10.13
- System requirements for installing Sophos Home
- Checking the operating system information
- Additional steps for Sophos Home installations on MacOS 10.15 Catalina
- Sophos Home shows that this device is vulnerable