Applies to: Sophos Home Premium and Free (Mac)
This article covers how to download and install Sophos Home on macOS 10.13+ computers.
Before installing Sophos Home, make sure that your computer meets the system requirements for installing Sophos Home.
Note: If you are re-installing Sophos Home, see this article instead:
How to reinstall Sophos Home
Note 2: If you already have a Sophos Home account, you are running macOS 10.12 , or wish to add additional computers to your account/subscription, please follow these steps instead: Protecting additional computers with Sophos-Home
Instructions for new users without a Sophos Home account - macOS 10.13 or higher
NOTE: If running macOS 10.12, follow these steps instead Protecting additional computers with Sophos-Home
- Access the Sophos Home page to start the download
- Wait for the Sophos Home Installer to finish downloading
- Navigate your Downloads folder and locate the Sophos Installer
(Otherwise, double-click on SophosInstall. This shows the installer content, where you will find the Sophos Installer
- Double-click on the Sophos Installer.app to start the installation.
- When a security prompt appears, click on Open.
- On the installation window, click Continue.
- Provide your administrator account password for your Mac and click OK. (Not your Sophos Home password)
- Wait for the installation to finish. This may take a few minutes.
- You will see the Installation was successful message once the installation is completed. Click Close to exit.
- It is recommended to create a Sophos Home account to be able to protect additional computers, access support (Premium), and re-protect the current system (if needed in the future).
Post installation steps
Once the installation has completed, have a look at the Getting Started Guide for further information regarding how to use and configure Sophos Home.
If all the steps have been followed, but the Sophos Home Shield looks red/orange, please reboot your Mac. See Related information below for additional troubleshooting.
- System Extension Blocked appears on new installations on MacOS High Sierra 10.13
- Nothing happens when clicking the Allow button on macOS High Sierra 10.13
- System requirements for installing Sophos Home
- Checking the operating system information
- Additional steps for Sophos Home installations on MacOS 10.15 Catalina
- Sophos Home shows that this device is vulnerable